Metropolis? Far from it! Jägermeister is firmly rooted in tranquil Wolfenbüttel. This is where we have been producing the world-famous herbal liqueur for over 70 years.
It all started with a small shop in the hometown of Wilhelm Mast, who in 1887 started his own business as a vinegar maker in Wolfenbüttel. In 1934, his son Curt Mast developed the secret recipe for the famous Jägermeister, which quickly became one of the most popular herbal liqueurs in Germany. The space requirements of the company, which produced a wide range of products with over 20 different spirits and wines at the time, grew along with the success.
In 1958, management and, a short time later, production moved into modern buildings on Jägermeister street that the town of Wolfenbüttel had dedicated to herbal liqueur.
Jägermeister sales continued to grow. The company started exporting its herbal liqueur in the early 1960s – first in Europe and then around the world. More and more new markets were tapped into together with international distribution partners. The number of Jägermeister employees rose. A new administration building was needed at the Wolfenbüttel location. The new head office has been located on Jägermeister street since 2006 and is now home to Mast-Jägermeister SE.